Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bernie Madoff


Watching TV, I saw a segment about a guy that made statues of Bernie Madoff that you would destroy with a gold hammer. He was selling them for $100. I don't know if he sold any but it got me thinking. My first experiment was designing a game where you could beat the crap out of Bernie. I thought twice after making the demo. One thing I have learned is to stay away from current events, spicy foods, Ponzi schemes and celebrities.

Looking at demographics my questions was, who is holding an iPhone? What do they have in common? What do they want in an app? Most apps fill a need, measure this, find that, on and on 65,000 times and counting. I decided to make an app aimed at the typical office worker. Everyone holding an iPhone pays about $70 a month. They either have a job or don't have a job which means they want to smack their current boss or the one that fired them. "Hugh DeMann" will be an app where you take out your angst on a fictional character.

The most important part to me is making a game that is fun to play. Word of mouth goes a long way. The free version will display what is possible. $2 bucks gets you twelve levels and 10 weapons. A hamburger costs $5 and it's gone in 5 minutes. If it is good, people will buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment