Sunday, August 23, 2009

Geeks don't exercise


If you are reading this you have geek-like tendencies. Generally, geeks don't exercise. It's difficult walking away from your project, but getting outside can be a good thing. When you make your body work and let your mind relax answers to questions just come flying at you. Over the years I have been involved in many sports. 30 years of baseball and softball, football, golf, tennis, waterskiing, body surfing, snow skiing and bowling. You have to commit just like you do creating a new iPhone app. These days I row and bike ride. Time in the saddle makes you better. Now my exercise routines take approximately two hours. Years ago I had the golf addiction.That's 6 hours to play a round. On a bike I can ride 30 miles in 2 hours. Rowing is similar. When I get out of my head I find problem solving easier. But a few weeks ago I hit a buoy. Dang.

No comments:

Post a Comment