Sunday, August 9, 2009

The First Dog


After reading for a few days I wrote a list of possible things to do with an iPhone. One idea was to throw a ball to a dog. This evolved into throwing a frisbee to the Obama's dog on the White House lawn, then get the Humane Society involved. TheFirstDog was my first app. My approach put me in hot water with Apple.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/05/20/apple-iphone-yakapp-technology-wireless-apple.html

At the time iFart was a big deal. Simulating bodily functions was not my idea of a good game. I wanted to appeal to a large audience. About this time, Madoff got busted in his Ponzi scheme as well as the economy was tanking. It hit me that people would be mad at their boss. It was suggested we have a second title ready soon after TheFirstDog. That would be my new app, code named Hugh DeMann.

No comments:

Post a Comment