Saturday, August 15, 2009

Social Media and iPhone app promotion


I was slow to jump into the Facebook crowd. I was too busy doing other things and I didn't want to get sucked in. I never did the Classmates either. Today's way of hooking up is online. Heck, that's how dating is done. The art world is changing really fast. If you ignore social media you will be ignored. I have been on it for about 3 or 4 weeks. Immediately Facebook made high school show up. I have talked to some great friends from a long time ago. Thumbs up on Facebook, all good for me. Linked-In is pretty cool as well. I have connected with existing business acquaintances as well as met some really great new contacts. It is definitely a business atmosphere. There are groups aimed specifically at iPhone marketing. YouTube I am prepared for, I have 4 commercials ready to go. I''ve got Twitter started as well. The idea is to get traffic and word of mouth started a good month before release.

No comments:

Post a Comment