Friday, August 14, 2009

iPhone App - Flash demos


One thing I have found over the years is that people don't understand directions. Reading helps, but a visual drives the point home. Being that I animate in Flash it is great for demos. I am making interactive versions of the app at the same scale as the iPhone. In fact, everything I create is to scale with the objective of avoiding optical illusion. Having a demo helps in explaining actions to the client as well as describing what's needed to the programmer. I even throw in finger movements. Carpenters say, "measure twice, cut once". A moving storyboard helps you get to step two with a lot of information. SDK programming is not the place to experiment on look and feel. I have always made better digital art by drawing first in a sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment